Ever have those days where all you want is a chicken schnitzel but yet you think “I can’t eat a schnitzel, I’m on a diet”, Well my beautiful Mamma, this healthy chicken schnitzel is your answer. Crispy, high protein and gluten free. Teamed with either a salad or green veggies and you have yourself a dinner that fits your macros and covers the cravings
Ingredients for healthy chicken schnitzel
500 g Skinless chicken breast
1 Egg, lightly beaten
⅓ cup(s) Quinoa flakes
2 tbs Chives chopped
2 tbs Parmesan cheese, grated
1 tsp Italian spices
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper. Cut chicken breast horizontally to make 2 thin fillets.
- Whisk egg in a bowl.
- Combine quinoa flakes, chives, and parmesan on a plate.
- Dip each fillet into the egg mixture and then coat in the flake mix. Put on a large plate.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook chicken for 1-2 minutes until golden. Transfer to a prepared tray, bake for 6-8 minutes or until cooked through.
- Serve with side-salad or steamed greens and lemon wedges
- Have a green juice to boost your alkalizing veggie intake